Chief of Technology Operations
The Chief of Technology Operations will shape science and technology strategy and oversee end-to-end management of laboratory and computational operations to support innovation and deliver best-in-class research, innovation, and results. You will align scientific activities, cross-functional activities, and program strategy; ensure that science deliverables are high quality; ensure that timelines and budgets are maintained and accurate; and identify opportunities to improve agility and accelerate programs across the portfolio.
- Lead all lab operations including strategy, management, and procurement and maintenance of lab infrastructure and equipment, for both computational and experimental aspects.
- Establish practices that ensure the highest level of process integrity in science with regard to project design, computation, technology development and optimization, data collection, and data analysis.
- Navigate needs of varied stakeholder groups to ensure technology, equipment, talent, processes are optimized for near- and long-term project pipeline.
- Facilitate regular communication within and between experimental and computational teams and scientists, helping to create channels for learning, information, and best practice sharing.
- Serve as liaison between science, commercial, and business operations teams, ensuring clear and regular communication of priorities, updates, and challenges and helping to problem solve challenges and operationalize solutions
- Collaborate with operations, procurement, finance, talent, etc on annual budget, balancing (1) lab operations initiatives and priorities, (2) requisite equipment, technology, staff, and (3) costs.
- Support a culture of innovation and collaboration that challenges accepted paradigms to support the establishment of a high-performance organization.
- Manage a team and influence key stakeholders across the organization to streamline and continually optimize operations and ways of working.
- Develop long-term vision and goals for science operations. Develop viable plans to ensure long-term goals are realized.
- Establish and perpetuate a culture that supports colleague engagement, communication, empowerment, and development.
- Serve as an open-minded, pragmatic sounding board for ideas and challenges.
- Create EH&S standards and procedures, and develop training programs as relevant
- Demonstrated excellence in managing multiple projects and priorities, balancing commercial and scientific demands.
- Demonstrated project management excellence and ability to solve problems with innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to lead, energize and develop a high-performing team of scientists.
- Demonstrated examples of strong scientific leadership, independent thought and creativity, and ability to integrally contribute to program strategies and execute plans.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and curious with a strong desire for continuous learning Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguity. Energized by innovation and novel challenges.
- Highly motivated with ability to work successfully matrixed, interdisciplinary team environment, and independently.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Physics, Chemistry, or related discipline with 7+ years or M.S. with 10+ years post-degree experience including industry experience
- Experience in industry (pharma, biotech, agriculture, energy) using computational and/or experimental methods for protein expression in a variety of host systems.
- Resume or CV